Re: Strange GObject warning, crashes GUI

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 03:30:42PM -0300, John Coppens wrote:
[snip]
Well, the error remains... Still get those

GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gsignal.c:3081: signal name `depressed' is
invalid for instance `0x8a0900'

messages.

I've seen this error only once when I was writing a C++ wrapper for a GObject and
the GObject instance was being unref'ed thus destroyed without the C++ wrapper
being informed. The C++ wrapper later on tried to call an "action signal" on
the invalid instance it had and Glib printed that error.

So it was the C++ wrapper trying to use some garbage memory as the GObject.

I think this also explains the hang because of the invalid memory reference.

Sorry for not being able to help more here.

Cheers,

--
GPG-Key: 0xA3FD0DF7 - 9F73 032E EAC9 F7AD 951F  280E CB66 8E29 A3FD 0DF7
Debian User and Developer.