Re: Animating widgets

A related question, one can assume that animation, when possible,  is to be
done with gtk+ on top of Clutter.  Then how can gtk+ programs be written to
support animation and to properly degrade on platforms where the animation
is not supported?  For example, with gtk+3, can it support, on showing a
window,  the window sliding in from the left when using Clutter, but the
window simply opens when running on top of the plain X11, all with the same
application logic?

Also, is gtk+ 3 "aware" of the animation events (such as callbacks when the
animation play is complete)?  Or such events are only handled at the Clutter
level, and gtk+ widgets know nothing of them?