Re: Bring a widget to the foreground

Hi John,

On 2 January 2011 13:17, John Emmas <johne53 tiscali co uk> wrote:
As an example, let's say I wanted a button whose label needed to be at the top of the button, rather than
in the centre.  I use either a separate label or a graphical image to achieve this.

You can just set the alignment on the label to get them to display at
the top of the button.

Each time the button gets pressed I need to make sure that it doesn't obscure the other widget.  So having
done whatever gets done in response to the button press, I need to bring the other widget to the foreground
again.  Does GTK+ have a method available for achieving this?

GTK does not officially support overlapping widgets. However, you can
sort-of do it by putting groups of widgets into eventboxes and putting
those boxes into a layout. To move to the front, ref the box, remove
it from the layout, add again, and unref. It would probably work with
other containers too. I hope I've understood what you want.

John