Re: g_remove

Le 19/02/2011 15:06, Jaroslav ÅmÃd a Ãcrit :
#include <glib.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
  gint64 a;
  return 0;
}

- doesn't compile on x86-32 linux with glibc when I remove all typedefes
and occurences of long long in header files (long long is not part of
C89 standard and it would be unfair to leave it there even if it is some
compiler extension of the C89 standard). Because there is no other 64bit
integer type on such system, I cannot typedef gint64 to something else.
I doubt this will get fixed, glib requires 64bit integer type (as stated
in docs), C89 doesn't guarantee its existence and no C89 type is 64bit
on x86-32 linux.
It's not that simple. GLib's configuration scripts searches for the
appropriate type, not necessarily for long long [1]. So GLib needs the
system to provide a 64bits type, not necessarily to support C99.

Regards,
Colomban

[1] actually, it seems to check for long, long long or __int64 being a
64bits integer