Re: How to achieve functionality of GTK_WINDOW_POPUP but with keyboard input

2011/8/30 Andrew Wood <a j w me com>:
How can I achieve the same 'screen invasion' effect (i.e covers everything
including the Gnome Panels and prevents other windows being brought to the
front with Alt-Tab) that GTK_WINDOW_POPUP has but also allow keyboard input
to the widgets in the window.

Ive tried ÂGDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_DOCK Âwhich invades screen ok but has no
keyboard input

GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_SPLASHSCREEN doesnt invade screen - other windows can
be placed on top, alt-tab works, but keyboard input works

GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_DESKTOP no display

GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_UTILITY
 Âdoesnt invade screen - other windows can be placed on top, alt-tab works
GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_TOOLBAR
 Âdoesnt invade screen - other windows can be placed on top, alt-tab works
GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_MENU
 Âdoesnt invade screen - other windows can be placed on top, alt-tab works

The reason is Im trying to write a program for a public kiosk hence I
effectively want to lock the screen.