Notebooks and GLists

Hi folks
           Not a very descript title, but I fail to come up with a better
one. Anyway my problem is as follows.

I have a notebook with reorderable tabs which each displays a sourceview
widget.
Each sourceview widget represents a document where a document is an instance
of an object/struct.
When the tabs are re-ordered the glist becomes out of order with the tabs
and needs to be updated to reflect the new page positions.

Using the page-reordered signal and callback I can get the new page position
but not the old position.

If there is a better way to go about implementing a system like this, I
would be willing to hear it and any help is appreciated.

Finally you can get the code here: https://gitorious.org/x2

The file layout should be rather obvious.