GTK+ 2.90.7 released
- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: GTK+ 2.90.7 released
- Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:55:53 -0400
GTK+ 2.90.7 is now available for download at:
This is the a development release leading toward 3.0.
* GTK+ 3 will be parallel installable with GTK+ 2.x, and
this release has been prepared to test this by renaming
all .pc files, libraries, include paths, and so forth,
to include a '3.0' component.
* GTK+ 3 will remove deprecated API from the GTK+ 2.x series
and make struct members unavailable that have been GSEALed
in 2.x. Therefore, applications can be prepared for porting
to GTK+ 3 by making sure that they build with
and -DGSEAL_ENABLE. For more information about porting concerns,
see the porting guide that is included in the API docs.
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
What is GTK+
GTK+ is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user
interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for
projects ranging from small one-off tools to complete application
GTK+ has been designed from the ground up to support a range of
languages, not only C/C++. Using GTK+ from languages such as Perl and
Python (especially in combination with the Glade GUI builder) provides
an effective method of rapid application development.
GTK+ is free software and part of the GNU Project. However, the
licensing terms for GTK+, the GNU LGPL, allow it to be used by all
developers, including those developing proprietary software, without
any license fees or royalties.
Where to get more information about GTK+
Information about GTK+ including links to documentation can be
An installation guide for GTK+ 2.x is found at:
GTK+ is a large project and relies on voluntary contributions.
We are actively searching for new contributors in various areas
and invite everyone to help project development.
If you are willing to participate, please subscribe to the project
mailing lists to offer your help and read over our list of vacant
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.90.6 to 2.90.7
* Various deprecated APIs have been removed:
- the GtkWidget::draw-border style property
- the GtkEntry::state-hint style property
- the GtkTreeView::row-ending-details style property
- the GtkRange::trough-side-details style property
- the GtkRange::stepper-position-details style property
- the GtkRange::activate-slider style property
- the GTK_CALENDAR_WEEK_START_MONDAY option
- the GtkFrame::shadow and GtkHandleBox::shadow properties
- the GtkTextView::page-horizontally signal
- the GDK_WINDOW_DIALOG window type
- the GTK_SELECTION_EXTENDED selection mode
- the GtkProgressBarOrientation, GtkAnchorType and GtkVisibility
- GtkDialog separators, including the GtkDialog::has-separator
property, including setter/getter, the GTK_DIALOG_NO_SEPARATOR
flag and the GtkMessageDialog::use-separator style property
- The GtkItem class has been removed. Its functionality has
been merged into is sole subclass, GtkMenuItem
* The GtkIconView::orientation property has been renamed
* GtkProgressBar and GtkCellRendererProgress implement GtkOrientable
now, and their 'orientation' property have been split into
a 'orientation' property of type GtkOrientation and a boolean
* GDK no longer exports variables: gdk_threads_lock, gdk_threads_unlock,
gdk_threads_mutex and gdk_display are no longer available
* GTK no longer exports variables: gtk_major_version, gtk_minor_version,
gtk_micro_version, gtk_binary_age, gtk_interface_age have been
converted to functions. gtk_debug_flags has a getter and a setter.
Misc. variables that had been exported by the semi-private text
API have been removed.
* All GDK keysym names have been changed from GDK_<keysym> to
GDK_KEY_<keysym>; the previous names are still available in
gdkkeysyms-compat.h. Furthermore, gdk.h now includes gdkkeysyms.h.
* GtkWrapBox is a new container, which distributes its children
over multiple rows/columns
* GTK+ now uses standard icon names when looking up stock icons
* More widgets and cell renderers have been converted to support
width-for-height: GtkCellRendererText, GtkAccelLabel, GtkCellView,
GtkComboBox, GtkMenu, GtkMenuItem
* Button boxes are now semi-homogeneous.
* The directfb backend has been removed
* Bugs fixed:
77669 GtkWrapBox for gtk itself, not gimp?
84188 "Dialogue" button widths should not be homogenous
414712 gtk_container_set_focus_child leaks widget
527499 FileFilter combo becames too wide
528257 File selector and stock string problems
605186 Use G_DEFINE_INTERFACE macro
614006 File chooser crashes when creating a new folder...
616401 Noneffective gdk_keymap_map_virtual_modifiers in early use
626710 GailScaleButton calculates wrong value for minimum increment
627028 Marked state of calendar day is not accessible
627139 gtkfilechooserentry shows completion progress tooltip...
627445 Removal of GtkWidget::draw-border breaks gtk_widget_queue_draw()
627580 GtkFontSelection: don't notify the non-existent "font" property
627643 gtkaboutdialog gettext problem
627828 Drag and drop between treeviews in different window groups...
627843 set_active_iter doc: remove restriction on path length
627867 tests/testsocket is broken
627912 misprint in the desc. of "hover-expand" and "hover-selection"...
628160 introspection: Update to new scanner API
628308 docs referencing non existing icons
628656 _gdk_windowing_get_startup_notify_id memory leak
628807 Add more "reserved for expansion" fields to GtkWidgetClass
628808 Warn if a widget requests minimum size > natural size
628884 Use a bitfield for Widget::private_flags, ::state, ::saved_state
628935 add gtk_radio_button_join_group method for bindings
629110 gtk_spinner_accessible_get_type always returns null
* Translation updates
Thanks to all contributors:
Tristan Van Berkom
September 10, 2010
] [Thread Prev