moving message on a gtk dialog

On 19 October 2010 11:01, Guruprasad Bhat <guruprasad bt gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,
I was thinking of a application for showing moving message. In gtk is it
possible to do that? I want a small gtk dialog displaying moving message.
Can any one suggest in this regard.
*Regards,*
*  Guruprasad Bhat.*

The simplest form would scroll the message string itself by placing
the first character of the message string at the end of the message
string and repeating. You'll need a few extra spaces at the end of the
message. Then you'll need an idle callback or timeout to call the
string scrolling routine and then to redisplay it as a label.