Memory management in gtk

Hi all,

I am having a small problem related to GTK. My application is having
around 15 windows.  When I start my application and check the memory
usage using "top" utility it shows around 19MB. When a new window is
created it may increase upto 22 MB (varies each time). And after I
destroy the new window my memory is not getting reduced. Could anyone
please tell me why memory usage is not decreased even after I destroy
widget.

Same problem occurs with string created using g_strdup_printf. The
memory is not reduced using g_free.

regards

vishak

***** Confidentiality Statement/Disclaimer *****

This message and any attachments is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient. It may contain
confidential information. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or modification is strictly prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately then delete it from all your systems,
and do not copy, use or print. Internet communications are not secure and it is the responsibility of the
recipient to make sure that it is virus/malicious code exempt.
The company/sender cannot be responsible for any unauthorized alterations or modifications made to the
contents. If you require any form of confirmation of the contents, please contact the company/sender. The
company/sender is not liable for any errors or omissions in the content of this message.