Re: libgdk_pixbuf, VC++ and TIFF files.

I suppose it's entirely possible that this problem might be fixed in some other version of libTIFF. ÂIs
there a recommended version of libTIFF that I could try with libgdk_pixbuf instead of the FreeImage version?

I guess the newest libtiff in
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/dependencies/ would be
the one last known to work.

But actually, it probably won't work for you, if it is a FILE pointer
that is passed to libtiff, because your gdk-pixbuf, if compiled with a
recent VC++, will use a different C library than that which that
MinGW-compiled libtiff uses, and thus its file descriptors will be
indexes into a totally different table of open files.

I guess I also should wonder why you don't use the GDI+-based loaders
for the common image formats, thus not needing any separate libjpeg or
libtiff? (For PNG, libpng is still required because through GDI+ it is
not possible to set or get (I have forgotten which) some PNG
information which is something that some software like GIMP wants to
do through gdk-pixbuf.)

--tml