New to GSettings

Hello!

I'd like to take advantage of GSettings in my application, but I have some
questions about it. Ther's a tutorial based on gnome-utils, but it doesn't
explain everything.

   1. What's the purpose of 'path' attribute? When browsing Baobab's source
   code I saw, that it set 'path' with '/apps/baobab/', so it's not a file
   system path, but some abstract representation of settings hierarchy, right?
   Are there some common categories of paths: 'apps', 'system', 'desktop' or
   other?
   2. When using GSettings I need to install my schemas somewhere. In
   Baobab's configure.ac they use pkg-config to obtain path: pkg-config
   --variable gsettingsschemadir gio-2.0 . The problem is, that on my Ubuuntu
   (glib v2.26.x) there's no such variable...
   3. What happens with settings stored using GSettings API, when user will
   remove my application from system? Will they stay in backend's settings
   database or after removing schema from schemas directory backend will remove
   settings related to it from it's storage?