Re: large performance difference between gtktextview and gtksourceview

On 11/05/2010 11:47 AM, Paolo Borelli wrote:
Actually, gtksourceview is a subclass of gtktextview so it supports BiDi
and i18n as good as gtktextview does. If it doesn't it is a bug.

With regard to the performance differences, it seems very strange that
you see a difference, especially one where gtksourceview is faster.

Are you sure you are comparing apples to apples? (E.g is the program is
exactly the same except for using sourceview/buffer? Or do thay load the
content differently and one feeds it in chunks to the buffer while the
other doesn't or other things).
[..]

no I'm not, so after reading this I'll write a testcase so I can be sure what's going on. Perhaps the difference was coming from another part of the application.

regards,
        Olivier