Re: large performance difference between gtktextview and gtksourceview

Actually, gtksourceview is a subclass of gtktextview so it supports BiDi
and i18n as good as gtktextview does. If it doesn't it is a bug.

With regard to the performance differences, it seems very strange that
you see a difference, especially one where gtksourceview is faster.

Are you sure you are comparing apples to apples? (E.g is the program is
exactly the same except for using sourceview/buffer? Or do thay load the
content differently and one feeds it in chunks to the buffer while the
other doesn't or other things).

That said if you are going to look into textview performance that would
only make me happy. Feel free to drop by on irc in the #gedit channel to
discuss gtksourceview any time.

Ciao
        Paolo