Re: Focus of about dialog

On 31 May 2010, at 17:16, Calum Benson wrote:

You might also consider why you consider the behaviour to be 'undesirable', though. Modal dialogs sometimes
cause users more problems than modeless ones, especially if, from prior experience (e.g. the About dialog
in other gtk+ apps), they're expecting a familiar-looking dialog to behave a particular way.

And therein lies the problem....  The OP didn't specify which platform he's targeting - but regardless of
what other gtk+ apps might do, the general trend is that different OS's tend to exhibit different behaviours
for About dialogs.  For example I just opened half a dozen Windows apps and all their About dialogs were
modal.  Then I tried half a dozen OS-X apps and all their About dialogs were modeless.  Admittedly though,
none of them were gtk+ apps.