Re: [UPDATE] app crashes with illegal instruction within gtk_init()

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 14:08:44 +1000
Mick <bareman tpg com au> wrote:

I've been working on my project for several weeks, using anjuta,
incrementally building it as I go.

Last wednesday, immeadetely before shutting down for the day I did a
clean -> build -> install ->test that completed successfully (as far
as incomplete code can).

On friday I started up anjuta and repeated the process as I always do,
but when test running the program it crashed with illegal instruction
as soon as it reached the call to gtk_init().

I made no changes to the code in between wed & fri. so I find it
confusing, where can I look for a cause?

I tried shutting anjuta and doing the old fashion "make uninstall ->
make clean -> autoheader -> aclocal -> automake -ac -> autoconf
-> ./configure make make install -> run" thing to no avail.

in the meantime I have been using test/tryout code (working on small
chunks like menubar, textview, ...) that use the same pre gtk_init()
code that runs correctly.

EDIT
I have just recreated the code and now instead of an "illegal
instruction" I am getting a segfault while gtk_init() is running

further investigation points to pkg-config (which was updated recently)
being related to the problem - it seems not to be finding gtk.h &
gdk.h, some times with an error message often silently.