Re: VC9 build

On 13 Jun 2010, at 12:45, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

There was a problem in the VS project files in 224.1, some source file
that should be built only on Unix was included by mistak. Simply drop
the source file(s) that don't compile and see if that helps.

Thanks Tor, I'll try that and let you know what happens.  In case it's of any use, whenever I've needed to do
this in my own projects I've found it useful to guard the entire source module with a suitable #define -
something like:-

#ifndef WINDOWS

      // The relevant code

#endif

or maybe:-

#ifndef _MSC_VER

      // The relevant code

#endif

That way, if the module gets accidentally included in the Windows (or VC++) build, it won't make any
difference.  People will have different views on this but I tend to find that simpler than trying to keep
track of which files should be included in which build.

John