Re: VC9 build

I found the VC++ .sln and .vcproj files, loaded the solution and just tried to compile one of the modules
in the glib branch. ÂHowever, every module fails to compile because config.h is missing.

I assume you are talking about GLib 2.24.1, from a tarball?

There is a "Pre-Build Event" for the glib project that copies
config.h.win32 to config.h, glibconfig.h.win32 to glibconfig.h and
gmoduleconf.h.win32 to gmoduleconf.h. The three .win32 files mentioned
are in the tarball.

Have I missed out a stage somewhere?

It's hard to say when you don't tell exactly what tarball you have.
The .win32.in files you mention definitely are in the glib-2.24.1
tarball, too. (But VS project users are expected to use the
pre-generated .win32 files.)

--tml