Re: Top down layout

When I tried putting putting a scrollable area into a window...
I didn't get very convincing results. The code below attempts to put a
very large button into a 300x300 size window.

I made you a tiny example program. This puts a 400x400 button into a
300x300 window. If the window is too small, you get scrollbars. If the
window is too big, the button expands to fill the available space.
Hope I've not misunderstood what you need.

Thats good in the way that I can resize the window smaller than the scrollview... but the problem I have now
is that because I'm catching the "configure-event" on the GtkWindow (to adjust my internal position/size
variables) the scrollview doesn't update to the client area of the window as I resize it. In the case where I
comment out the "configure-event" signal connect it works well, the scrollview tracks with the window as you
resize.

So I guess now I want to know how to catch the "configure-event" and then pass it on to the next handler so I
get normal behaviour AND have access to that event. (I'm a signal noob)

Thanks.
--
Matthew Allen