Re: Top down layout

---------- Original Message ----------
To: Matthew Allen (list sydneyband com au)
From: Tristan Van Berkom (tvb gnome org)
Subject: Re: Top down layout
Date: 9/6/2010 12:55:44p

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Matthew Allen <list sydneyband com au>
wrote: This sort of behaviour might not be possible with GTK. But at
least I thought I'd ask.

Actually whats the first signal generated when the user attempts to
resize the GtkWindow?

I should hook that and stop it get limited to the requested size... then
my window is free to resize arbitrarily, and I can sort out the layout
from there. Is there some way of seeing the signals being fired?

Do you need to let the window be smaller than the space that its
children occupy ?

Yes. The GtkWindow should not be limited to the contents at all, thats what I want.

You could just put everything in a scrolled window and hide the
scrollbars if thats

An interesting idea... I might have a look at the implementation details of the scrollable area widget.

I'm currently reading through gdkevents-win32.c in an attempt to find where it enforces the minimum window
size. I was hoping that somewhere in the WM_SIZING handler it would get the current allocation and set the
RECT pointed to by lParam to that size. Or something like that, but so far I haven't got my head around it.

Or maybe it's happening in WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING?

GDK_NOTE is just debugging right?
--
Matthew Allen
http://www.memecode.com