GTK+ 2.90.2 released
- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: GTK+ 2.90.2 released
- Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 22:47:21 -0400
GTK+ 2.90.2 is now available for download at:
This is the third development release leading toward 3.0.
* GTK+ 3 will be parallel installable with GTK+ 2.x, and
this release has been prepared to test this by renaming
all .pc files, libraries, include paths, and so forth,
to include a '3.0' component.
* GTK+ 3 will remove deprecated API from the GTK+ 2.x series
and make struct members unavailable that have been GSEALed
in 2.x. Therefore, applications can be prepared for porting
to GTK+ 3 by making sure that they build with
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
What is GTK+
GTK+ is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user
interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for
projects ranging from small one-off tools to complete application
GTK+ has been designed from the ground up to support a range of
languages, not only C/C++. Using GTK+ from languages such as Perl and
Python (especially in combination with the Glade GUI builder) provides
an effective method of rapid application development.
GTK+ is free software and part of the GNU Project. However, the
licensing terms for GTK+, the GNU LGPL, allow it to be used by all
developers, including those developing proprietary software, without
any license fees or royalties.
Where to get more information about GTK+
Information about GTK+ including links to documentation can be
An installation guide for GTK+ 2.x is found at:
GTK+ is a large project and relies on voluntary contributions.
We are actively searching for new contributors in various areas
and invite everyone to help project development.
If you are willing to participate, please subscribe to the project
mailing lists to offer your help and read over our list of vacant
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.90.1 to 2.90.2
* GtkApplication: an application class, based on GApplication.
this is fairly minimal, but it is good enough already to replace
- Add a way to say "This is my application menubar", which gets
put into all toplevel windows on non-OS-X, and into the top
on OS X
- Support session management
- Maybe support application settings
* Misc new api:
- gtk_window_has_group: determines if a window is part of a window
- gtk_status_bar_remove_all: removes all messages from a statusbar
* DND on offscreen windows works now
- arrow keynav can now be connected over adjacent icon views
- gtk_assistant_commits: prevents going back beyond a certain
point in the page sequence, adjust shown buttons appropriately
- It is now officially supported to have a progress page at the
end of the page sequence
- Many annotation fixes
- gdkx.h api is exported in a separate typelib, GdkX11-3.0
- the draw_string function has been removed from GtkStyle
- gdk_get/set_use_xshm have been removed
- Deprecated gdk_color api has been removed
* Documentation related to GTK+ 1.2, etc has been removed. Instead
there is an initial GTK+ 3 porting guide now.
* Bugs fixed:
620509 Progress bar rendering is broken
607628 DnD operation doesn't work when using offscreen.
619838 kill off references to gtk 1.2 in docs/comments
608218 GtkOffscreenWindow causes bad window with GtkEntry
619649 Remove deprecated code from GdkColor
619080 text-inserted events should not be emitted unless text...
620511 Use g_source_set_name for all custom GSources in GTK+
603637 gtk printer dialog does not show remote printer
618271 Add gtk_window_has_group()
617863 Actually expose the X11 funcs through introspection
620244 misprint in the description of the function gtk_widget_list_...
549127 Print error dialog not shown
611709 gseal hides GtkStatusBar->messages but doesn't give anything...
596428 GtkAssistant: Support ending with a progress page
* Translation updates:
Thanks to our contributors
Carlos Garcia Campos
June 8, 2010
] [Thread Prev