Re: GtkTextView and glade 3

On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 22:12:57 -0700
Steve Harrington <steven harrington verizon net> wrote:

On 06/07/2010 09:36 PM, Mick wrote:
I've spent the last month struggling with glade to layout the
interface for my app, especially creating an incoming text pane and
placing the text into it.

I regret your struggles.
I currently have glade set to libglade mode and use
gtk-builder-convert to turn the .glade into .xml after not being
able to find how to get the output from gtkbuilder mode into a
usable format.

Perhaps if you could describe the format you desire we could suggest
one or more solutions.

A format that gtkbuilder can use.

I drew my interface with glade set to gtkbuilder and saved it as
app.glade, ran gtk-builder-convert app.glade app.xml and it crashed so
I copied app.glade to app.xml, recompiled source and installed it and
the app segfaulted in gtk_builder_add_from_file(builder, xml_dir, &err);

I have now recreated app.glade using libglade setting.

this experience started when glade crashed when I hit the save button.
the crash resulted in the disappearance of of my existing app.glade.