Porting a GTK 1.x application to current version

Hi there,

I have to port an old GTK 1.x application from around 2000 to a
current version. The goal is simply making it work on the current
version of Ubuntu.
So I searched Google for a general porting guide, but was unable to
find anything useful, only a hint that there was one around in 2001. I
was finally able to locate this old guid via archive.org, but I'm
unsure, if it still applies to current versions of GTK+.

Does anyone know if there is a more recent guide on the net, or if the
old one from archive.org is still usable?

Here is the link:
http://web.archive.org/web/20080502161346/http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/porting/

Thank you in advance for your help,
Fabian Schreyer