Re: GTK/GDK equivalent to UpdateWindow() ?

On 4 July 2010 16:50, John Emmas <johne53 tiscali co uk> wrote:
operation being processed.  Neither of those is quite what I need.  I'm looking for is a function that will
force a window to be repainted at once, before any other pending events get processed.

There's gdk_window_process_updates():

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk/stable/gdk-Windows.html#gdk-window-process-updates

But I'm not certain is does much any more. Generally, you just paint
in the expose handler and nowhere else, and calls like this are
unnecessary.

What are you trying to achieve? Perhaps there's some other way to get
the effect you need.

John