Re: Brainy person needed for scrolling canvas problem!

Thanks for the suggestion John.  Can I assume that you're referring to the functionality of gdk-pixbuf?  It
didn't occur to me to look there, though I suppose it's the most obvious place to find a solution.  I'd been
looking for layering API's or blitting API's within gtk :-(

So the obvious question is.... what would I use to obtain a pixbuf object from the current viewport /
viewable area of a canvas?  Are there some handy API's available or would I need to roll my own?

John