Re: GLib 2.22.4 released

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010, Tor Lillqvist quoted:

"OK, fixed now as well as
it can be; i.e. if there is <wspiapi.h> when building GLib, it is used."

there's a 2.22.4 build in the
binaries/win32/glib/2.22 directory on ftp.gnome.org. ÂHowever,
I've tried using this in my app package and I'm getting reports
from users on win2k that it doesn't work

and wrote:

Because it is built with standard mingw which doesn't come with
<wspiapi.h>...

OK, I guessed that might be the case.  But my question/request
stands: is there a prospect of getting one of your builds of GLib
2.22.N that works on win2k, or must an app developer build GLib
for Windows himself to get such support? (I don't mean to imply
that you're duty-bound to produce such a thing, just asking.)

[Brief comment: if we were talking about a free OS I think it
would be perfectly fine to say, we're not suporting a 10-year old
OS variant, update!  But with Windows, updating can cost a lot,
and might well bring problems for old hardware.  So I'd have > 0
sympathy for people still running Windows 2000, though not >> 0
since they could always switch to Linux.]

Allin Cottrell