Re: Connecting GTK application to a database

Database engines have their own API for connecting. Check the following
links. I recommend you start looking at the SQLite library, as in my
experience it has the most simplistic tutorial, which can help you get
up to speed with sql apis and concepts. Naturally there are differences
with different libraries, but I'm sure that as long as you understand
one, it helps tremendously on the others :).

For postgres:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/libpq.html

For MySQL:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/c.html