Re: g_spawn_async_with_pipes on windows

2010/2/10 Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi>:
g_spawn_async_with_pipes() to launch an other executable (firefox in this case).

Do you expect to provide input to Firefox's stdin, or get output from
its stdout, through the pipes then? (That would be a bit strange for a
GUI app like a web browser, wouldn't it?)

true. firefox was just the most simple example that we tried to get
working. We integrate a lot more utilities, and those often need
pipes. We better get the simple one working first before we try
further.

If not, instead of g_spawn_*, Âjust use one of the "normal" _spawn*()
family of functions in the Microsoft C library (declared in
<process.h>) with P_NOWAIT as the first parameter if you don't want to
wait for it to finish. Much simpler, and less chance that some bug or
misfeature in GLib is confusing you.

is there any reason to believe that the glib functions are not working
correctly?

Olivier