Re: a lot of modal dialogs without GTK.main

On Fri, 2010-02-05 at 17:21 +0100, David NeÄas wrote:
Explicit main loop iterations are usually a sign of desperation.

Indeed :)

As it happens, we have a problem with gtk_dialog_run(). We may need to
replace it with manually doing the

        while (gtk_events_pending ())
                  gtk_main_iteration ();

trick.

What I'm wondering is if this is actually "valid". I always understood
it as a hack to allow an idle handler to have some GUI updates done.

But could one use it as a replacement for the magic nested main loop in
gtk_dialog_run() if it were to be necessary?

AfC
Sydney

[this is a real bug for us; sorry, not online or I'd cite the bugzilla
number. Doesn't matter]