Re: a lot of modal dialogs without GTK.main

But I noticed that dialog.destroy() call really does not destroy the
dialog window.

Have solution?

I found the solution, see my code (I use the excellent ruby gtk
binding) below:

[code]
# create first dialog
if dialog.run == Gtk::Dialog::RESPONSE_ACCEPT
        # make something
else
        exit(1)
end
dialog.destroy
while (Gtk.events_pending?) do Gtk.main_iteration end
# Here in this place the dialog box disappears realy!

# next dialog
dialog.destroy
while (Gtk.events_pending?) do Gtk.main_iteration end

# without GTK.main and without a main window of application
[/code]