need suggestions/pointers on porting gtk2 -> gtk3

Hi all,

I'm porting a working GTK2 application to GTK3 on Fedora 14

My first problem is my

I wish to have my project compile-able under older gtk2 and also newer gtk3
configurations. For systems that have both gtk3 and gtk2 I want to default to gtk3

obviously a config.h flag needs to be AC_DEFINE exported into config.h, and the
CFLAGS/LIBS need to be AC_SUBST'd into Makefiles.

I'm familiar w/ these tasks, but for some reason, I'm not getting a working
compilation  set of flags.

Does anyone have a working that does the above (handles gtk2, and
gtk3, and prefers gtk3 when both are installed).

Much appreciate thoughts, comments, pointers to working examples.

also, any caveats with developing GTK3 apps under F-14 much appreciated (I
shouldn't think there would be any, but as I'm having some problems, never hurts
to ask :-)

Many thanks, and all the best,

- -Greg Hosler

- --

Please also check the log file at "/dev/null" for additional information.
                (from /var/log/Xorg.setup.log)

| Greg Hosler                                   ghosler redhat com    |
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -