GIO and netlink sockets

Hi everyone,

one quick question: does you GIO support netlink sockets? Or more
precisely, does GIO support listening to netlink sockets in a way that
allows a signal to be emitted or a callback to be called whenever there
is incoming data on a netlink socket?

I achieved this with Qt by creating a QSocketListener from netlink
socket file descriptor. There are a number of classes in GIO related to
sockets and GSocketListener subclasses only provide signals for new
incoming connections, not data. Another thing I thought about is
creating a GSocket from a file descriptor and then use
g_socket_create_source() with a G_IO_IN condition to listen for
incoming data. Is this the right way or is there something else I have
missed so far?

Regards,
Jannis