Button click regression?

Hello people,

A while ago,  a bug was corrected (about version GTK 2.0 2.18.x) to
correct a problem clicking a button. The issue was that the cursor had to
leave the button and re-enter it to re-enable clicking (it lost focus).

This was at the time a long-standing problem, and was nicely solved after
several iterations.

I have the impression this problem returned. E.g., in Sylpheed, I have to
leave and reenter 'Get' messages, else it won't work.

Anyone know about this? I can't seem to find any reference.

John