Re: How to suppress text on GtkCellRendererToggle

Hi.

I'm returning this back to the mailing list.

Hmm. OK, going through gtk_tree_view_insert_column_with_attributes works
for me, too. So there's something about the sequence of calls generating
this other column that creates this behavior.

This is part of a large GUI project so it goes through a utility
function in our library.

OK, I feel stupid now. The library function is adding a text renderer
and then adding the renderer I specified rather than replacing it. I
gather you can have multiple renderers in a column?

Sure you can. GtkTreeViewColumn implements GtkCellLayout interface,
which enables you to pack more than one cell renderer.

So what I need to do is delete the text renderer somehow and leave the
toggle renderer.

Looking at the API reference, there is no function to remove specific
cell renderer from cell layout. You can empty it using
gtk_cell_layout_clear, but this is the only thing I could find. Maybe
you can clear the column before adding your cell renderer?

Tadej

--
Tadej BorovÅak
tadeboro.blogspot.com