Re: why do constructors return GtkWidget?

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 2:53 AM, Emmanuel
Touzery<emmanuel touzery free fr> wrote:
Hi,
[...]
You know what I'm thinking... I think that this is from times where people
used to build GUIs in the code... When they were writing all the container
embedding and all, in C, building their dialogs. At that time that
convention surely helped, you were constantly adding widgets to containers
and so on. Today this is done in gtkbuilder and so what we have left is code
not doing so much embedding in code (though obviously it happens) but

Yes I would say its a historical thing, and I certainly hope that using
GtkBuilder can be the standard in the end (I guess we still have lots of
ground to cover).
Only over my dead body ;-)

Carlos
Cheers,