RE: Capture console app output into texview?

-----Original Message-----
From: gtk-app-devel-list-bounces gnome org
[mailto:gtk-app-devel-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of
Till Harbaum / Lists
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 4:11 PM
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Capture console app output into texview?

Hi,

i am trying to run a text mode application in the background
of my gtk one and display its output in a textview. I know
this is supposed to be done using g_spawn_async_with_pipes
and then link to the output via g_io_add_watch. I even got
something that sort of works, but the output is very much
delayed and comes in chunks and worse, the CPU load is at max
while and after i run my code.

Are there any examples for doing this? There must be many
programs doing something similar to run e.g. some little
helper program or similar.

Regards,
  Till