From: Jeffrey Barish <jeff_barish earthlink net>
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Popup window for alert
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 16:55:35 -0600

I would like a popup window with a black line on its border in which I can
put a label to alert the user to a failure condition.  A Dialog doesn't
work because the appearance and disappearance of the window is entirely
under program control.  A WINDOW_POPUP doesn't work because it lacks the
black line on its border (even when I set decorate).  A WINDOW_TOPLEVEL is
almost right, but I would prefer that the destroy button and the window
menu button not appear -- not to mention the title bar at the top.  Is
there a way to make any of these things disappear?
Jeffrey Barish

Listen to KNAC, Hit the Home page and Tune In Live! --->