Re: Problem with gtkbuilder & mingw cross (not the signal problem)

(Adding gtk-app-devel-list back as Cc. Please let's keep this
discussion on the list.)

I'm statically linking libgtk-win32-2.0.a.  That cross development
environment I pointed out creates only static libraries for everything. I'll
bet it has something to do with that.  Is using the dll required?'

Ah... Well, if you use a static öibgtk you are on your own;) If you
then try to look up gtk+'s own functions with g_module_symbol, I am
not surprised that it doesn't work, as those symbols are presumably
not exported from the .exe into which gtk has been statically linked.
(Yes, symbols can be exported not only from .dll files, but also .exe
files. It is not common, but possible. Basically there is very little
difference between a .dll and a .exe.) Do note that the concept of
"exported" symbols is quite different in PE executables (on Windows)
and ELF ones (on Linux).

Why make it harder for yourself, why not use a shared library (dll)
build of gtk+ like everyone else?

--tml