Re: OpenGL within GTK?

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 11:31 -0500, Feng Yu wrote:
Dear list,

What is the usual way of using opengl to display 3d models within a
GTK application?

I tried to search for GtkGlArea and GtkGlExt on the net. They all seem
to be old. Are they the correct tools?

Thank you in advance.

Yu

I just used GtkGlExt for my thesis... it works quite well and can draw
on any widget, or even render to a pixmap.  See
gtk_widget_set_gl_capability () for making a widget drawable.  Even
though there has not been a release in a while, I can assure you it
works fine with the gtk+ I have here (2.14.4-0ubuntu2).

-Larry
<larry yrral net>