GtkCalendar

Hello people.

I wonder how to solve this elegantly:

If I first set the day of the GtkCalendar, I sometimes hit an error
depending on the number of weeks in the following month.

If I set the month first, I have the same problem, depenging on the day
selected previously.

In both cases, the error message is:

Gtk-CRITICAL **: calendar_invalidate_day_num: assertion `row != -1' failed

I can understand why the error appears, but I don't see how to remedy it.
Do I have to produce some code to test if the date/month I want to set
will appear on a correct row? Seems to me it is the responsability of the
widget to provide a way to validly change in any order.

John

PS: also tried to change the properties in one gtk_object_set, but that
gives the same result.

Changing the structure's variables directly doesn't produce an update of
the display.

Freeze and thaw are deprecated, and could've been a solution.