Virtual drag drop using gtk api's

I need to make a native gtk application which has the functionality of
virtual file drag and drop. What i mean here is that when we start dragging
a file from the native application then that file actually doesn't exist
there but is either generated or downloaded from some remote location and is
finally available at the drop location.

The virtual drag drop is possible in windows , visit the below given link
[blogs dot msdn dot com/oldnewthing/archive/2008/03/19/8080215 dot aspx]

The gtk api's for drag drop doesn't provide the functionality to know the
drop destination location.

--
Regards,
Rajat Mahajan.