Re: Makeing librsvg work (bizp2.dll missing)

Freddie Unpenstein wrote:
Not everyone is free from the space issue.  Some people using
ultra-small laptops can be running a full desktop version of
software, but still have sub-desktop resources.

What I don't understand, is why GTK+ doesn't come with its own
installer that lets the user choose, application- or system- wide...
I for one would much prefer all my GTK+ applications to look the same
as they do on Linux.  Having a global GTK+ install would help there.
I understand that's not the Windows Way, but it's supposed to be, if
you listen to the Microsoft propaganda...

Well I think it's clear that without a system-wide packaging system and
a mechanism for keeping the system-wide packages up to date (they are
third-party on windows after all), it does not make any sense to have
system-wide GTK libraries installed to anywhere in C:\Windows\ system
folder.  I think that violates Microsoft's (recent) guidelines anyway on
what should be in system32.

If you are hell-bent on a system-wide GTK, then you need to do it the
way that Gaim for win32 used to.  They would install GTK to C:\Program
Files\Common Files\GTK\%version%.  Then their own app would go to
C:\Program Files\Gaim.  The magic is in the startup shortcut (or batch
file).  All they have to do is start Gaim inside the GTK folder
(optionally add the application's bin folder to PATH).  Hence this
scheme supports multiple versions of GTK also by just adjusting which
folder the app actually started in, if that makes sense.  It seemed to
work pretty well.  I'm not sure if they still do this though.