Re: Is there any way to match a key event against key binding rules for GtkTextView class without creating a GtkTextView object?

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 11:21 PM, Zhe Su<james su gmail com> wrote:
Can anybody give me some suggestions about this issue?

Im not sure exactly how the keybindings are defined in the theme, but
my guess is that you need to derive your custom object from GtkTextView
if you want to inherit the keybindings.

Think of it this way, the person who wrote the theme, wrote explicit style
properties explicitly for textview classes, so the theme writers bindings
to the textview should only apply to textview and subclasses.

On the other hand, you *can* write completely different classes,
and define style properties which you can later define in your own
theme, if you dont care about picking up what people already put
in the available stock GTK+ themes.

Cheers,
                -Tristan