Is there any way to match a key event against key binding rules for GtkTextView class without creating a GtkTextView object?

Hi,
  GtkTextView widget can use key binding rules defined in gtkrc file. For
example, when Emacs key theme is selected, ctrl-w will be mapped to
cut-clipboard signal. Now, I'm developing a custom widget and want to handle
those key bindings supported by GtkTextView. After reading the source code
of gtkwidget, I found that gtk_bindings_activate_event() is used for
matching activating key bindings for a specific object. However this
function can only match and activate key bindings explicitly defined for a
specific object type. So if I want to match and activate all key bindings
supported by GtkTextView, a GtkTextView object must be used when calling
this function. Now the question is: is it possible to retrieve the
information of all key bindings defined for GtkTextView and apply them to my
custom widget, so that  gtk_bindings_activate_event() can work with my
custom widget object as if it's a GtkTextView object?

Regards
James Su