Re: GTK clipboard on OS X

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009, Olivier Guilyardi wrote:

On 07/20/2009 02:48 AM, Allin Cottrell wrote:

I can report a bit more about GTK, RTF and the clipboard on OS X.
The main limitation on what I have to say is that I'm relying on
the "gtk2-framework" distribution prepared by I-don't-know-who,
available at http://r.research.att.com/ , which is a build
of GTK 2.14.3.  I'm not in a position to build current GTK on OS X
myself, which seems like serious rocket science.

If you are after compiling against osx "frameworks" (instead of the GTK fink
package, etc...) then I think you should try the official GTK-OSX download:
http://www.gtk-osx.org

It's the official *pre-compiled* framework, than you can use
with something like:

CFLAGS:
-I/Library/Frameworks/Gtk.framework/Headers ...

LIBS:
-framework Gtk -framework GLib -framework Cairo -framework Carbon

It's quite straightforward and removes the need for X11.

I've tried that build ("2.14 beta") and it looks quite promising,
but IMO it's still too flaky for production use.  The GTK/X11 dmg
that I mentioned is more stable, although the X11 dependence is
not desirable.

Allin Cottrell