Re: GTK clipboard on OS X

On 07/18/2009 05:01 AM, Allin Cottrell wrote:
In some contexts my GTK app offers the user the opportunity to
copy chunks of output to the clipboard as RTF.  This is primarily
intended for use on MS Windows, but it also works fine for pasting
into (e.g.) an OpenOffice text document on Linux.  The chunk is
advertised via the relevant GtkTargetEntry as "application/rtf".

But this doesn't work on OS X (using GTK 2.14.N under X11).  All
paste targets, even ones that are certainly RTF-aware such as
OpenOffice, seem to ignore application/rtf and request plain text,
so that if pasting succeeds at all, it is just a raw dump of the
RTF "code".

If this a known issue of GTK/X11 on the Mac?  Is there a
workaround?  Or does it look as if I'm doing something wrong?
Thanks.

I can't tell about X11 but the clipboard seems to work ok between my GTK-OSX
2.16 app and native OSX software, although GtkEntry expects Ctrl+* instead of
Cmd+* shortcuts.

--
  Olivier