Re: Best practice for bundling GTK with an windows application?

Oops. Make that:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/

Regards,
Dov

2009/7/11 Dov Grobgeld <dov grobgeld gmail com>

I've been doing cross platform development and windows installer during the
last few years of lots of C/C++ programs. Here is an outline of my
practices:

   - Build done through scons.
   - Special scons rules for doing cross compilation for Windows from
   Linux.
   - Use NSIS for Windows installer deployment. (cross compiled mingw32
   version of nsis used).
   - The Windows installer is self contained, i.e. it is not dependent on
   the installation of a separate gtk installation.
   - The windows binaries are the standard compiled binaries from
   ftp.gtk.org
   - Testing done through a WinXP installation under VirtualBox.

See the SConstruct and NSIS files of my two programs giv and gemtcl for
examples of how to do the above.

Regards,
Dov