Re: g_spawn_async_with_pipes() & ssh based IPC

On 2009/07/09 13:25, Michael Cronenworth wrote:

SSH is great for remote terminal sessions, but not much more.

I think the sshfs guys might beg to differ with you on that one. As would anyone who uses subversion or git (etc.) over ssh. Or anyone who's tunneled various protocols using ssh's port forwarding.

It sounds like you just want to be extremely lazy. Suck it up and write your own
implementation using the standard library tools available.

And here I was thinking that the entire point of writing computer programs was so we could be lazy.

Anyway, Thomas: as long as you're able to parse the responses you get from the server, using g_spawn_async_with_pipes() and probably GIOChannel, you should be able to do what you want.

It probably would be more reliable to write your own TLS server and client, but might not be faster or easier. I'm not sure about the win32 issues, though.

        -brian