Re: Status Indication GUI development using GTK++

On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 02:56 -0800, Adeel Malik wrote:
Hello,
        I have just newly subscribed to thie mailing list and wanted to post a question.
I am doing application development on Fedora Core 6 Linux Machine. I need to implement the status
indication GUI such that it could display a simple traffic light indication i.e, green light for success
and red light for error.
Can someone suggest me a link where I can get an example code doing thhis type of thing so that I could
learn or modify it suit my requirement.

1. read gtk+ tutorial
2. make window
4. add hbox to window
5. add two gtkImage widgets to the hbox
6. create 4 images: dull red (red light off), bright red (red light on),
dull green, bright green
7. load 4 images as gdkImage's
8. use gtk_image_set_image to set the image widgets to the two
gdkImage's you want
9. make a function that swaps the state, call this from your other code
as necessary

There is pretty good documentation out there.  Your two best friends
will be google and devhelp(an application for gtk+ and related
documentation).  If you don't have devhelp, you can search
library.gnome.org, but devhelp is much more convenient, so I would
recommend taking the time to install it.

-Larry Reaves
<larry yrral net>

Thnaks for your help and regards,
Adeel Malik