Re: g_malloc overhead

Maciej Piechotka escribió:
On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 22:30 +0100, Martin (OPENGeoMap) wrote:
hi:
Well - what do you mean? Having 2 functions - one reciving utf-16 and
one utf-8? To be honest - it doesn't make any sense to me (it would
create much mess, double the code, make programming errors easier...).

Converting? What's wrong with g_utf16_to_utf8?
I was talking about a full utf16 and utf8 api in glib and use a macro to work work intermediate string:

For example in windows they have this types:
LPSTR =char *

char * is used for utf-8 AFAIR

LPWSTR= utf16windowschar *

gunichar2

perhaps in glib we could have utf16 and utf8 in that way or am i wrong?

I'm not glib developer. As far as the module of operating on utf-16
strings is proposed I'm not against. However I would prefere to not have
2 entries to each function.

Hi:

What is wrong with:
gchar*  g_utf8_strncpy  (gchar *dest,const gchar *src,gsize n);
gunichar2 *  g_utf16_strncpy  (gunichar2*dest,const gunichar2*src,gsize n);
and the macro:
gtext*  g_text_strncpy  (gtext*dest,const gtext*src,gsize n);

regards.

Regards

Regards.