Re: g_malloc overhead

On Jan 18, 2009, at 11:43 AM, Martín Vales wrote:

What are the advantages of use a glib_mem_vtable ???. I think we have the same malloc function in all operating systems?

This vtable allows you to swap in a different allocator with next to no effort. Maybe it has special OOM handling, or uses a special pool or allocation algorithm tuned to your use-case, or does debugging logging work, or whatever. The fact that the default is the same everywhere is a bit beside the point of having the functionality.

--
Me:  What's that in your mouth?
Zella:  *swallows laboriously*  Nothing.